Effective Date of Current Policy: June 17, 2021
This Policy applies to all MobLab’s operating divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, and branches, and any additional subsidiary, affiliate, or branch of MobLab that we may subsequently form.
3. TRANSPARENCY/NOTICE – TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with MobLab and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that MobLab may collect Personal Information include:
- You may provide Personal Information directly to MobLab through interacting with the Services, participating in surveys, during events such as sweepstakes, and requesting Services or information.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
3.1 TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
MobLab collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective, and former clients, customers, users, visitors, and guests (collectively “Individuals”).
- Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with MobLab, responding to surveys, requesting Services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our Services, purchase a license, send us an email, register for MobLab’s newsletter or a loyalty program that we may offer from time to time, request to receive customer or technical support or otherwise communicate with us. You do not have to share your Personal Information with us, but without it you will not be able to access certain content, features and other Services. You can change the Personal Information included in your profile by logging into your account and clicking on the My Account link.
- User ID and Virtual Player Numbers. When you register, you will be assigned a unique user identification number (“User ID”), and for each game you play, you will be assigned a game number (“Virtual Player Number”). Your User ID and Virtual Player Number are distinct from your Personal Information.
- Demographic Information.When you register, we may ask you to answer a set of demographic questions (e.g., what is your gender?). We will call that type of information “Demographic Information”. You will always have the option to decline to provide information for any or all of those questions.
- Game Data.We collect the data of all games run using our Services, including the content of in-game chats (“Game Data”). Please do not reveal your Personal Information during any in-game chats, as it will be a part of the Game Data we collect.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Sites and/or services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein.
- Posts. We may offer the ability to post content (“Posts”) that is visible to other users, on our Site or through an app. MobLab may collect and use your Posts. Your Posts may also be collected and used by any instructors using our Services or other participants in your games, depending on what forum you post to.
- If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Site, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Automatic Data Collection. Like most online businesses, we may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences.
- Information Submitted Via Services. You agree that MobLab is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. MobLab will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a Third-Party application, such as an App Store or SNS, we may collect information about you from that Third-Party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through App Stores or SNS accounts may include your name, your SNS user identification number, your SNS user name, location, sex, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts on the SNS. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to MobLab and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
- Information through Third-Party Logins: In addition, you may choose to log into the Services using your account with Google, Apple or Facebook, or another Third-Party platform that we support. By choosing to log into your MobLab account with these Third-Party platforms, you agree to have these Third Parties share information, including Personal Information, with us for login and other purposes provided under this Policy. The Personal Information we collect in this way depends on which Third-Party accounts you choose to use. For example,
We collect your Personal Information from these Third-Party platforms only as such information is made available based on the permissions you set with these platforms and the terms of their privacy policies. If you set certain of this Personal Information as private under your Third-Party accounts, this information may still be visible to the public through the Services once you have given these Third-Party platforms permission to share such information with us. Some of these Third-Party platforms may notify you that they make additional information available to us when you log in using your accounts with them. We do not collect that information from them. When you log into the Services using your accounts with Third-Party platforms, their use of any information they collect from you is governed by these platforms’ own privacy policies, not by this Policy. You can disconnect your MobLab registration from your Third-Party accounts at any time.
- If you choose to link your Google account to the Services, we will collect your name and email.
- If you choose to link your Apple account to the Services, we will collect your name and email.
- If you choose to link your Facebook account to the Services, we will collect your basic profile information, which may include your name, email and Facebook user ID.
3.2 HOW MOBLAB USES YOUR INFORMATION
The short answer is that we generally use this information to provide you with better service. We acquire, hold, use, and Process information for a variety of purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. MobLab may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information, licenses and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of MobLab’s Services;
- Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support;
- Allow you to register for events.
- Administrative Purposes. MobLab may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in MobLab’s Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on MobLab’s Services and systems, and, in MobLab’s discretion, changes to any MobLab policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms.
- Marketing MobLab Products and Services. MobLab may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. MobLab may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you and Third-Parties;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 5 below.
- Research and Development. We may use your Game Data and Demographic Information for research of our own, and to enable Instructors and other Third Parties to conduct research. We will never use your Personal Information for research purposes. In fact, Game Data and Demographic Information will not be stored in the same database as your Personal Information.
MobLab may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, MobLab may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
- Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third-Parties, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on MobLab’s or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions in Section 5
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use. MobLab may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access MobLab’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and MobLab may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within MobLab and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. MobLab’s Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, MobLab allows you to provide information about your friends through our referral services, such as “Tell a Friend.” Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by MobLab or any other Third Parties for any other purpose.
- Other Uses. MobLab may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
3.3 COOKIES, PIXEL TAGS/WEB BEACONS, ANALYTICS INFORMATION AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics. We may also use analytics tools including Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or Third-Party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Sites or on Third-Party Sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our Sites, Services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
3.4 THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
The Site may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and MobLab does not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
MobLab’s Services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or private messaging features. The Site and our other Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
4. ONWARD TRANSFER – MOBLAB MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 INFORMATION WE SHARE
- Instructors. The Instructor who is running the game will be given or provided access to the following information about the Participants in that game: name, User ID, Virtual Player Number, Game Data, and Posts. Instructor will only have access to any Demographic Information in an aggregated, anonymous form (see “All Instructors” below).
- Participants. Each Participant will have access to his or her own Gate Data and, if the Instructor elects, the collective Game Data for the class. Fellow Participants in each game will have access to the content from in-game chats and will see the Virtual Player Number associated with chats. Please do not identify yourself in your in-game chats – chat information is collected along with all other Game Data. We will not share your Personal Information or Demographic Information with other Participants.
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. MobLab has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. MobLab may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. MobLab may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with MobLab. MobLab requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which MobLab provided them.
- Displaying to Other Users. The content you post to the Site may be displayed on the Site. Other users of the Site may be able to see some information about you, such as your name if you submit a review. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third Party Marketing. Through our Services, MobLab may allow Third-Party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected information, such as Demographic Information and past purchase history, we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-MobLab related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 5
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, Demographic Information. Game Data, User ID, Posts andother account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce MobLab policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to MobLab; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
4.2 DATA TRANSFERS
All Personal Information, Demographic Information, Game Data, User ID’s and other account information collected via or by MobLab may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, in the United States, China, Hong Kong, Canada, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. In addition, this information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to MobLab, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
5. OPT-OUT (RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING)
You have the right to opt-out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to MobLab’s Processing of your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out of further Processing by contacting email@example.com. Even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Sites and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
5.2 EMAIL AND TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS
5.3 MOBILE DEVICES
MobLab may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications with notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. MobLab may also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
5.4 “DO NOT TRACK”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services.
5.5 COOKIES AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
6. RIGHTS OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Although MobLab makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which MobLab is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If MobLab determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, MobLab will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
7. DATA RETENTION
8. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
In most countries, Individuals must be at least 13 to use our Services, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Individuals under 13. In the European Union, Individuals under 16 may not user our services, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Individuals under 16 in the EU. If you are a parent of a child who has registered for our Services and does not meet these age requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete your child’s account upon confirmation of your identity.
10. REDRESS/COMPLIANCE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
11. OTHER RIGHTS AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- New Uses of Personal Information. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt-out. Where consent of the Individual for the Processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, MobLab will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
11.2 CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information we share with Third-Parties for their direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared, the Third-Parties and affiliates with which it was shared, and their names and addresses. Currently, MobLab does not share any personal information with Third-Parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of the notice that the law requires, please submit a written request to the following address email@example.com. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
This Policy shall be implemented by MobLab and all its operating divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates. MobLab has put in place mechanisms to verify ongoing compliance with this Policy. Any Employee that violates these privacy principles will be subject to disciplinary procedures.
13. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us by mail at 380 N Halstead St., Pasadena, CA 91107. In addition, if you wish to exclude your Personal Information from our direct marketing, or if you would like to review, update or delete your email address, mailing address or other Personal Information, or otherwise manage communications you receive from MobLab, please use the My Account link on our Site or contact us at the address above.
The following capitalized terms shall have the meanings herein as set forth below.
- “Agent” means any Third-Party that Processes Personal Information pursuant to the instructions of, and solely for, MobLab or to which MobLab discloses Personal Information for use on its behalf.
- “Employee” refers to any current, temporary, permanent, prospective or former employee, director, contractor, worker, or retiree of MobLab or its subsidiaries worldwide.
- “Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Individual”).
- “Process” or “Processing” means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
- “Sensitive Data” or “Sensitive Personal Information” is a subset of Personal Information which, due to its nature, has been classified by law or by policy as deserving additional privacy and security protections. Sensitive Personal Information includes Personal Information regarding EU residents that is classified as a “Special Category of Personal Data” under EU law, which consists of the following data elements: (1) race or ethnic origin; (2) political opinions; (3) religious or philosophical beliefs; (4) trade union membership; (5) genetic data; (6) biometric data where Processed to uniquely identify a person; (6) health information; (7) sexual orientation or information about the Individual’s sex life; or (8) information relating to the commission of a criminal offense.
- “Third-Party” is any company, natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or body other than the Individual, MobLab or MobLab’s Agents.
15. REVISION HISTORY