Information We Collect
- Identity Information. If you register, purchase a license, send us an email, or share personal information with us in any other way, we will collect the information you provide. The specific types of information we may collect include your name, email address, mailing address, other contact information, credit card and billing information. We will refer to that type of information as your “Identity”. You do not have to share your Identity with us, but without it you will not be able to access certain content, features and other Services. You can change the Identity information included in your profile by logging into your account and clicking on the My Account link.
- User ID and Virtual Player Numbers. When you register, you will be assigned a unique user identification number (“User ID”), and for each game you play, you will be assigned a game number (“Virtual Player Number”). Your User ID and Virtual Player Number are distinct from your Identity.
- Demographic Information. When you register, we may ask you to answer a set of demographic questions (e.g., what is your gender?). We will call that type of information “Demographic Information”. You will always have the option to decline to provide information for any or all of those questions.
- Game Data. We collect the data of all games run using our Services, including the content of in-game chats (“Game Data”). Please do not reveal your identity or any personally identifiable information during any in-game chats, as it will be a part of the Game Data we collect.
- Posts. We may offer the ability to post content (“Posts”) that is visible to other users, on our website or through an app. MobLab may collect and use your Posts. Your Posts may also be collected and used by any instructors using our Services or other participants in your games, depending on what forum you post to.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The short answer is that we generally use this information to provide you with better service. Among other things, the information we collect enables us to:
- provide you with Services and validate your user rights.
- contact and communicate with you.
- provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you.
- customize the content and any advertising you see.
We may also use your Game Data and Demographic Information for research of our own, and for enabling Instructors and other third parties to conduct research. We will never use your Identity for research purposes. In fact, Game Data and Demographic Information will not be stored in the same database as your Identity.
In this section, we describe the ways in which we may share the information we collect from you with third parties.
The Instructor who is running the game will be given or provided access to the following information about the Participants in that game: name, User ID, Virtual Player Number, Game Data, and Posts. Instructor will only have access to any Demographic Information in an aggregated, anonymous form (see “All Instructors” below).
Each Participant will have access to his or her own Gate Data and, if the Instructor elects, the collective Game Data for the class. Fellow Participants in each game will have access to the content from in-game chats and will see the Virtual Player Number associated with chats. Please do not identify yourself in your in-game chats – chat information is collected along with all other Game Data. We will not share your Identity or Demographic Information with other Participants.
We may elect to provide all Instructors with access to aggregated and anonymous Game Data and Demographic Data (“Aggregated Data”). Aggregated Data pools the data from large numbers of games (potentially all games), not just the data from the games played in a particular class. Aggregated Data does not include your Identity, your User ID or any other data that links any particular information back to you. In the future, we may also offer the Aggregated Data to other third parties or to the public for research or other purposes.
Identity Information. In limited circumstances, we may give third parties your Identity information. For example:
- We may share this information during due diligence or in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- Your information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make our Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, subcontractors, and our affiliates, consultants and representatives.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with relevant information about us, services purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law, or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
Automated Information. We may freely share any information we collect by automated means with third parties, such as clients, advertisers, sponsors and business partners, for our benefit and/or for their own use.
Game Data and Demographic Information. As noted above, we may make Aggregated Data available to third parties or to the public for research or other purposes.
Children Under 18
Individuals between the ages of 13 and 18 may use our Services where legally permitted, but strictly in the limited circumstances described in our Terms of Service. Other than that, our Services are not intended for children under the age of 18. Our Services may include unmonitored content posted by users or sourced from other third parties and such content may be unsuitable for children. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13.
Our Services may be integrated with and/or contain links to third party websites and content. MobLab does not control these websites and/or content, and these third parties’ privacy policies may be different from our own. You access linked websites or third party content at your own risk.
Our Services are provided from facilities based in the United States, and we store and process your information in the United States. If you use our Services from outside the United States, your personal information will be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your country. Your use of our Services constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared, the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, and their names and addresses. Currently, MobLab does not share any personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of the notice that the law requires, please submit a written request to the following address email@example.com. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us by mail at 3219 E Foothill Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91107.
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing, or if you would like to review, update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personal information, or otherwise manage communications you receive from MobLab, please use the My Account link on our website or contact us at the address above.
Last updated January 7th, 2014